In just over 24 hours we’ll be embarking on our second run at the 48 Hour Film Project here in Pittsburgh under our creative team Blind Tiger Films. So for this throwback thursday, it seemed only appropriate to reflect back on what we learned during last year’s inaugural run. And in true buzzfeed fashion, we made it into a list, complete with witty phrases and semi-related pictures.
1. Make a schedule.
And then be willing to break that schedule.
2. Sleep is a luxury.
Stock up on caffeine, food, and basic survival materials like the zombie apocalypse is about to hit.
3. Goodwill is an invaluable resource.
Plus they open early.
4. Spray paint takes time to dry.
But can do wonders with creating death machines.
5. Have a script supervisor.
Or two, in case one loses the script.
6. Tape down electrical cords.
And watch out for traffic.
7. If you trip over a cord, knock over a light stand, and grab the broken light bulb by its interior circuit board while it’s still plugged in…
you’re going to have a bad time.
8. If you’re filming barefoot in a Pittsburgh alley…
broken glass may be the least of your problems.
9. Enlist a baby, kid, or puppy, and then have them do something contrary to their inherently cute nature.
Or buy all the awkward cat things.
10. Have fun with it.
But get it in on time.